Sunday, June 3, 2007

My Bible-carrier Graduated...



The tuxedo-clad, brown-eyed toddler who staggered (carrying a tiny Bible)down the aisle for my wedding, nearly 17 years ago, just graduated from from my high school Alma mater on May 31, 2007! As I prepared to capture the picture of my nephew, Joshua, in his green cap and gown and receiving his sheepskin, I felt a bit anxious and more than words can say about pride, sadness and happiness -all at the same time!

Joshua Kemp Jones, how could so much time have passed? You mean so much to all of us especially, Mom Mom Margaret and Grandad Walter. Where-did-the-years-go? No, I won't spring into singing my rendition of "Sunrise~Sunset". But how-can-this-be-so-real-and-so-soon? It seems like just last week, I was rocking you as a precious crying newborn baby boy and singing to you - so sorry- but I can't resist...

Now let us have a little talk with Jesus,
Let us tell him all about our troubles,
He will hear your faintest cry and
He will answer by and by.
So when you feel a little prayer wheel turning,
Just know a little fire is burnin',
You will find a little talk with Jesus makes it right!


You are a fine young man who is entering a troubled and fallen world. I pray that you will look to your Lord and Saviour to be your compass to find the "one true north" and the only rock on which to build your own family of strength someday! He will be your comfort and abiding best friend with whom you can always talk!

As my closest younger sister, your Mom was undoubtedly one of the dearest people I have ever known! It is a certainty that if she could have, she would have looked on this day of accomplishment with a huge smile while shedding many happy tears of elation -and relief! As you know she had a tremendous sense of humor (in fact she had joked with me about keeping you from dating until you're 30) but of course in all seriousness, -only a Christian lady! Her desires to see you guard your heart and walk with your mind fixed on following Jesus Christ were of the utmost sincerity. So this too is my wish and my prayer for you in this chapter and the rest of your long life!!! With All My Love ~Your Aunt Terri~ Proverbs 3:5-6

3 comments:

gimpylinz said...

Did you actually get that close for the grad pic, or did you zoom in and then crop?

And, that wedding pic is completely adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

Ya'll look so cute! Josh is so lucky to have such a great Aunt Terri! ;)

Terri said...

Thanks for the compliments Lindsey and Kipper:

Yes Josh is cute and I love "crop-ping out" other photographers who get in my personal space!