Sunday, July 22, 2007

A teenager in my house?

It happened today...our oldest child became a teenager! I can't believe it! It does not seem possible that it has been thirteen years...it seems like we just learned that we were expecting for the first time! It was not hard to believe when he was born because I was a few days getting around to delivering him! It was a memorable event. He was a big boy of "nearly" 9 lbs!!!

I endured two boring days of induction(s) with little progress; it became a concern. So when the doc started talking c-section...Bill laid his hands on my abdomen and asked God to intervene...that very second my water broke and in several hours we held our first born -a boy!

William "Josiah" is an amazing young man. We are so elated that he knows the Lord and pursues the holy things of God. It is our prayer that he remains faithful in both the biggest and smallest challenges of life. He has many talents, is an avid reader, enjoys music and loves playing the guitar. He is a wonderful person!

He's a joy to our souls and we are thankful for his life. We praise God for sending him to us to parent and ask the Lord to help us to continue to nurture him in the day in and day out of life! Amen!!!

2 comments:

April said...

He is turning out to be a fine young man. I am proud to call him my nephew.

Terri said...

Thank you April...I will make sure Josiah reads your comment! By the way he loves his TobyMac CD!