Sunday, August 19, 2007

August 19, 1944

If my maternal grandparents were still alive today they would have celebrated their 63rd wedding anniversary! I've many fond memories of each of them and their home place where my mother and her five siblings grew up. Mom Mom Jean was a person who never met a stranger, she had a heart of compassion and was gregarious. She would brag about her grand kids to anyone who would listen! Pop Pop Henry was more reserved in nature.Whatever he did choose to share was usually deep. He was very intelligent and the most industrious person I have ever known. I still miss them both very much even though it is 27 years since they passed away!

1 comment:

April said...

I was only 5 when they passed and I can still remember Mom Mom Jean dancing. I wish I had as many memories as you.

Are there any movies of Pop Pop or Mom Mom?