Sunday, August 12, 2007

Baby boy had a b-day today!

Our sweet baby boy..."JB" turned six today! I look at him and still am in awe of how God brought him to us. I was due to have him the week of the 2001 terrorist bombings but went into premature labor five weeks early. It was a scary ride to the hospital because my water broke at home and I was hemorrhaging (due to what we would later find out was a partial placental abruption). He was born just a few hours later at the local hospital-certainly not where I had intended on delivering him but Gid had a plan! We thank God for sparing both of our lives!

Jared Benjamin was born screaming and he has "been-jammin" ever since. He is a smiling kid who is trying to learn to pay the mandolin. He seems to always have a song in his heart and that often comes across his lips. He loves to sing his original songs he makes up himself. Some lyrics are so deep and rich that they give me those goose-chill bumps!

We are so blessed to have been given this precious life to raise...we pray that as he grows he continues to follow close in the steps of Jesus Christ.

No comments: