Wednesday, August 8, 2007

More Music With A Message...

I am not a big Kenny Chesney fan but this youtube video is about the making of his video for the song, Who You'd Be Today. I think it speaks to the heart of anyone who has lost a loved one and have days where you wander into the land of "what if" - like I do!

It is still a big deal to me that my sister died so young. It is a fact that at some point everyday I cry about it. Thankfully God is very patient with me and loves me even with my issues and bouts of anger. I hold fast to the hope that it will not always feel this raw. Right now I feel like true healing will not come until I get to Heaven myself.

The last full line in the song says at lot
"I'll see you again someday"

and the last spoken line in the video says even more!
"...It happens for a reason...you gotta have faith!"

See if you catch that at the end.





Who You'd Be Today

Sunny days seem to hurt the most
Wear the pain like a heavy coat
I feel you everywhere I go
See your smile, I see your face
I hear you laughing in the rain
Still can't believe your gone

(Chorus:)
It ain't fair you died too young
Like a story that had just begun
But death tore the pages all away
God knows how I miss you
All the hell that I've been through
Just knowing, no one could take your place
Sometimes I wonder, who you'd be today

Would you see the world
Would you chase your dreams
Settle down with a family
I wonder what would you name your babies
Somedays the sky's so blue
I feel like I can talk to you
And I know it might sound crazy

(Chorus)

Today [3x]
Today [3x]

Sunny days seem to hurt the most
I wear the pain like a heavy coat
The only thing that gives me hope
Is I know, I'll see you again someday

Someday, someday

No comments: