Sunday, September 9, 2007

A 24 Hour Mommy Vacation...


I got to spend my Friday night and Saturday at the beach!!!! A friend of a friend of a friend has a place in Dewey Beach Delaware. So I enjoyed a 24 hour Mommy vacation with my dear, dear friend who I have known most of my life.

When Esther called to invite me I did not have a problem being her "second string draft pick" (since her daughter was unable to make the trip with her) this time. I needed the break and she knew I had been trying to get to the beach for the past three months! (I would have taken my kids with me but I needed some down time and they had an important dress rehearsal for their respective upcoming Sunday musicals anyway.)

The weather was quite incredible, the sun felt so good and the sea breeze was just amazing so we were lulled into a false sense of security. Let's just say we paid for the decision not to lather up with globs of sunscreen! You would think I would remember getting sun poisoning when I spent countless hours trying to hopelessly "out tan" Greta in my younger years. She sure loved the beach and could tan like no one I know!

Last evening Es and I had a fabulous supper in Ocean City, MD at the Marina Deck. That place is one favorite restaurant that my sisters have shared with many a friend and family member over the past 24 years! They have awesome seafood, a delicious tropical salad and homemade breads "to die for". I just had to call April in California, Candy in Pennsylvania and Mom vacationing in West Virginia just to rub it in! We especially love their coconut muffins the best of all their featured breads. I managed to actually save room for a Dumser's Chocolate milk shake for my ride home!

I am a people watcher and must be truly reaching middle age because some of the things I saw scared me while others made me laugh. I love my camera and resisted taking shots of the freakshow on the Ocean City Boardwalk "after dark".

Since it was a nice overnight trip and I did go a little crazy taking scenic shots and such. This pic is one I caught on bayside in Ocean City right as the sun set.

God sure can paint ~ can't He?

No comments: