Thursday, May 24, 2007

A phone call 6 weeks ago today...


At 6:42 a.m. on Thursday, April 12, 2007 I got a phone call that would change my earthly life forever. The strings ~life strings~ holding, tethering my sister, Greta Andrea Jones Willis to this world were being cut by God Himself.

It was the call I never wanted to receive; one of my greatest fears. I remember saying, "Oh God help me - this can't really be happening. She has been here most all of my life. Please intervene, be her Peace, Lord...I need a word from You...I canNOT do this myself!"

I picked up the March 2007 issue of Decision magazine from my bathroom floor as I fumbled to face the "sucker punch" I had just received. "God please show me something profound!" The water-damaged periodical fell open to an article by Tommy Walker, "The Breakthrough Power of Worship". My eyes fell on the final two paragraphs...as I soaked it in.

"Worship is a declaration of our weakness and God's strength. I challenge you in your next point of need to make that hard choice to be a worshiper and let the breakthrough God fight your battle for you."
"When we worship, the invisible God is at work doing invisible and powerful things. We get realigned, refreshed and refueled; we find unspeakable joy and indescribable peace. We discover the breakthrough strength of God, which enables us to walk in the truth, live in His presence and see Him fight our battles for us. It is how we can put the beauty of the Gospel on display, receive His many blessings and at the same time be a blessing to the world."


I stood on these writings and God empowered me to go forth with a heart of worship! And that I can say without reservation! Thank you Jesus!

1 comment:

April said...

One of the things that came to mind after Greta's death was Job. His first response to the death of his sons and daughters was to fall down and worship the Lord. Thank you Lord for saving Greta...you are a gracious God and worthy of all worship!


I had a "little wave" of grief spill over me this evening. Even as I look at the picture I feel a swell coming and that is okay.

Love you,

April