Wednesday, May 23, 2007

So proud of Josh...

The boy born in 1989, who first gave me the title "Aunt" Terri, just keeps making me proud! Last evening, I ventured to Fawn Grove, PA to the attend awards assembly of the North Harford High School Class of 2007, of which my nephew Joshua is a member. The event had to be held across the PA line at Kennard Dale High School because N.H.H.S. is undergoing construction for much-needed renovations. I am so glad I made the trip.

Josh received an award bestowed upon him by some faculty members. I can't recall the exact title but it had to do with making a special contribution to school life while enduring challenges. Losing his mother, less than a month after we celebrated his rite of passage into adulthood (yes he is 18!), was/is a major trauma for this young man. Now 6 weeks out from our loss, with the Lord's help, we are chugging along a moment at a time. I have to say, Joshua Kemp Jones, "You sure are gifted with your mother's perseverance!" I am looking forward to you receiving your diploma the end of the month!

One of the challenges that Josh had to face upon Greta's passing was to finish his senior year project -a custom wooden nightstand. I cannot imagine trying "to get back to the grind after such" but he sure did! He, with tenacity, finished one fabulously beautiful piece of furniture! This "Auntie" is so impressed with his work...I am thinking "nephew" might be my answer to reasonably priced finer furnishings I desire for our Lord-willing, soon-coming new log home! I must mention here that I helped feed, change, babysit, rock and sing to him during his first 15 months of life!!! This must count for some preferential treatment!

Our family is very grateful to a church friend of Dad's, a dear man, Mr. Thompson. This gifted gentleman mentored Josh throughout this project. He is a precious saint of God who would take no compensation for his time, even though he has had serious health challenges of late! We are praying for him and ask you to join us as we ask the Lord to bless him and protect him as he undergoes a pace-maker procedure this week. Amen!

In a time when our world is such a mess; hatred, rage and selfishness reign on every newscast! It is good to know that the Lord still has his godly servants, extraordinary hearts willing to sacrifice to make a difference in the life of a young person! Mr. Thompson is so generous and I know my nephew will never forget the contribution that this man of God made to his project and life. His time was an eternal investment that I know the Lord will not leave as unrewarded. Praise be to Jesus, AMEN and AMEN!

No comments: